By Tukundane Yonna
Photo Credit: Mott MacDonald
Comprehensive Education and Sports Sector – CESS data collection2017 exercise will cover all local governments and authorities as well as all schools and institutions both government and private.
This national exercise will be happen between 28th March 2017 and 21st April 2017.
The purpose of the 2017 CESS data collection exercise is to enhance the credibility of data used for planning and budgeting in the education and sports sector.
Specifically the exercise is intended to:
- Collect basic enrollment and attendance data from UPE schools;
- Collect enrollment as well as other strategic planning data for the education and sports sector
- Ascertain and confirm the actual beneficiaries targeted by the complimentary programs of USE/UPPET/UPOLET
- Enable MOES strengthen the research and knowledge base of stakeholders by facilitating the presentation of the work and results of the 2017 CES data collection exercise.
The 2017 comprehensive education and sports sector data collection exercise will be carried out in 3 phase’s i.e.
- Phase 1, collection of basic enrolment and attendance data,
- Phase 2- annual school census data collection,
- Phase 3- headcount of use/uppet/upolet beneficiaries)
Data collection will be spearheaded by the ministry of education and sports. CESS data collection exercise 2017 will be implemented in close collaboration with all local governments and authorities throughout the country.