Woman gang raped and murdered in Entebbe

By Robert Segawa

Another woman has been killed in Entebbe Wakiso district bringing the total number  to seven women killed in the area in last two months.

The body of 35 years old Aisha Nakasinde was discovered in a bush this morning a few meters from Kasenyi barracks in Nkumba Kavundira village in Katabi town council.

Its believed that Nakasinde was gang raped by attackers and  inserting sticks in her private parts and throat.

Nakasinde is the 7th woman to lose her life in similar manner as murder increase in Entebbe. Last week  Sarah Nakajjo was also murdered in a similar way.

Police has taken the body to Mulago hospital for postmortem.

Headmaster seeks justice for raped minor in Rubanda school

Police in Rubanda District is on the spot for failing to apprehend a teacher accused of defiling a 14 year old minor.

Didas Karugaba, a teacher at Iremeera Primary School in Muko sub county, Rubanda District is accused of defiling a 14 year old pupil at the same school. Karugaba is a resident of Butare cell in the same Sub County.

It is alleged that on November 8, Karugaba defiled a pupil in the school store. Karugaba had sent the pupil in the school store to pick nails for repairing a rake.

The minor was heard by fellow pupils and teachers crying inside the store before Karugaba got out and run away.

However, parents say that although the matter was reported to police, nothing was done to make the suspect apprehended.

Alfred Akanwasa, the School Head teacher says that both teachers and pupils tried to apprehend Karugaba immediately after the incident but run away.  According to Akankwasa, the victim was threatened to be killed in case she reveals what happened.

Akankwasa says that immediately after the incident, the matter was reported at Muko Police Station for intervention. He says that since then, police has never taken any step to arrest the teacher. He adds that the teacher has never reported back to school since the incident.

Henry Tibaruhanga, an uncle to the victim says that after recording a statement at Muko police station, police officers also ordered for handover of medical form from Muko health center IV which certify that the victim was defiled to them.

Tibaruhanga says that since then, nothing was done, an issue that is hurting him. He wants the teacher to be arrested and tested for his HIV status before appearing before court.
Abel Kabagambe another concerned parent from Rwamigyendezo cell, Butaare parish Muko Sub County says that despite several appeals for the arrest of the teacher, nothing has been done. He says that they were last week told by police officers to arrest the suspect and bring him to police themselves, an issue he says is unfair.

Fred Wamuga, the Officer-in-charge of Muko Police Station refutes accusations of keeping a deaf ear about the arrest of the teacher saying that the matter is being investigated.

Ramadan Tai, the Rubanda District Police Commander says that police is aware of the case but the suspect went into hiding out of the District.

-URN

 

He arrests and rapes girls.

By Robert Ssegawa

A 30 year old man has been arrested for allegedly impersonating police officers to defile girls. Mubarak Kezala would pose as Afande Abubaker Yusuf, arrest  girls from Jinja streets and take them  to his  friend’s residence  in  Jinja town under the pretense of interrogating them and then force them to have sex with him.

The Kiira region police spokesperson Samson Lubega says the suspect was arrested after one of the victim’s mother reported the matter to police.

Photo: www.dnaindia.com

16 year old sentence for rape

By Sania Babirye

A16 year old boy who raped a 17 year old girl has been sentenced to four years imprisonment.

While sentencing him high court judge Joseph Murangira noted that the convict needed a custodial sentence to deter him from committing similar crimes and to help rehabilitate him.

He committed the offence at Banda Nakawa stage in June 2015 when he gang raped the girl with other boys who are still at large.

Photo: www.afrostateofmind.com

Cases of gang rape increase in South Sudan amidst political conflict

The UN Mission in South Sudan- UNMISS has condemned continuing reports of widespread sexual violence against women and girls around the South Sudanese capital Juba.

Reports of sexual attacks began as soon as fighting between forces loyal to President Salva Kiir and then First Vice President Riek Machar, erupted on July 8. More than 100 separate cases of sexual violence against unarmed innocent civilians have so far been recorded.

UNMISS said in a statement that the reported crimes include rape and gang rape by soldiers in uniform and by unidentified armed groups of men in plain clothes. Various locations have been involved, including the vicinity of the Protection of Civilian Sites near UN House.

Despite calls to all parties to cease from this kind of inhuman behavior, reports were still coming in, UNMISS added.

The Mission said that in order to improve the security of vulnerable communities, including women and children, patrols had been intensified around protection sites. Peacekeeping escorts for women and young girls were also being coordinated, to allow them to leave sites to collect food and other supplies.

It added that it was taking very seriously, allegations that UN Peacekeepers may not have rendered aid to civilians in distress adding that all peacekeepers had an individual and joint duty to act if any harm or abuse was being carried out.

Although a ceasefire was agreed between government and opposition in mid-July, fighting is continuing, which has led to thousands more displaced and rampant food insecurity.

-URN

Saudi millionaire acquitted of rape

A Saudi millionaire who claims he accidentally fell on and penetrated an 18-year-old woman in Britain has been cleared of one count of rape.

Ehsan Abdulaziz, 46, was accused of raping the woman as she slept on his sofa after bringing her and her 24-year-old friend home from a London nightclub, the Telegraph reports.

The woman was with her friend, who was known to Abdulaziz, at the Cirque le Soir nightclub on Aug. 7, 2014. After inviting both to join him at his CA$2,000-a-night table, the millionaire brought the two women back to his home.

The court heard Abdulaziz gave the two women vodka to drink before leading the 24-year-old woman to another room to have sex. When the 18-year-old awoke the next morning, she told the court Abdulaziz was on top of her and raping her.

Abdulaziz said he accidentally fell on the 18-year-old woman after she seduced him. He said she pulled him toward her and placed his hand between her legs. He claimed he was only trying to offer her something to wear or a taxi ride home.

“I’m fragile,” he said. “I fell down but nothing ever happened, between me and this girl nothing ever happened.”

His DNA was found inside the 18-year-old girl and he claims he could have had semen on his hands after having sex with her 24-year-old friend.

Prosecutor Jonathan Davies accused Abdulaziz of changing his story after being confronted with the DNA evidence.

“On this occasion he said after he had sex with the complainant’s friend his penis was still erect and he had semen on his hands when he went into the living room,” Davies said.

“He said in the second interview she pushed his hands down on to her vagina. He said that he did fall onto her and his penis may have penetrated her vagina. You may consider, members of the jury, him changing the account he was giving.”

A jury acquitted Abdulaziz after only 30 minutes of deliberations.