House on fire

Unattended candle burns man in Mbarara to death

A man has died in a house fire in Mbarara Municipality. 25-year-old Justus Twinomugisha alias Kanyankole, a butcher from Kirehe village in Nyamitanga division was sleeping when the fire started from a candle that was left unattended to on Tuesday night.
Peninah Nkwasibwe, the deceased’s mother, says her son has been using candles for lighting. Amina Habasa, a resident of Ruti village, says that Twinomugisha had burnt to death by the time residents put out the fire.
Jaffar Magyezi, the Mbarara District Police Commander, says Twinomugisha was burnt beyond recognition. He says a postmortem results show that Twinomugisha chocked to death before he was burnt.
The DPC cautions residents to be extra careful while using candles, saying they can be very dangerous when handled carelessly.
-URN

 

Comments

comments