- The UEFA boss is set to be in the country on 14th March.
- He will visit the Acholi quarters.
- He is as well expected to meet the first lady.
The President for Union of European Football Association (UEFA) Aleksander Čeferin is set to have his maiden visit to Uganda.
Ceferin will land in the Country on 14th /March/ 2023 with a primary purpose of checking on the Aliguma Foundation projects including the Acholi Quarters.
Aliguma Foundation is part of the beneficiaries of the 19.1 billion grant package from UEFA to the 34 organizations,
The foundation has undertaken several projects such as renovation of the multi-purpose Acholi quarters playground, upgrading the structures and status of the annual Banda Slums Soccer Tournament, purchasing a 15-acre piece of land in Kinuuma Village Masindi District and commencing construction work at the Aliguma Foundation Sports and Empowerment Center (AFSEC).
The good news was confirmed by the UEFA General Secretary Urs Kluser.
”Our primary purpose of coming is to visit your foundation and check the progress of the Acholi Quarters project. We plan to stay for an entire day on March 15th and check on your different works in promoting better livelihoods in the slum communities through sports especially football”. Kluser said
On the same visit, the UEFA president is expected to meet the first lady who is also the Minister of Education and Sports Hon.Janet Kataha Museveni .
Meanwhile Aliguma Foundation were first time recipients of the UEFA Foundation For Children grant as part of the 65 humanitarian projects around the world worth €4.9 MILLION (an estimated UGX19.1 BILLION).
Aliguma foundation is a Ugandan social charity organization aimed at helping underprivileged people through sports.
ITINERARY AND ACTIVITIES:
March 14, 2023 at 5pm:
● Arrival of UEFA President and entourage at Entebbe International Airport via VIP Lounge. Then transfer to Serena Hotel Kampala for the night.
March 15, 2023 – Starting 9am
● Serena Hotel transfer To Acholi Quarters
● Charity March in Kireka Banda B1 Zone – Slum Communities
● Then Acholi Quarters For Exhibitions & Sports Gala
● Meet with the First Lady of the Republic of Uganda at the State House.
● Drive back to Entebbe International Airport for departure.