New study projects steady growth in broadcast industry

By Deo Wasswa

The new study on  indicates that out of 8 million homes in Uganda, 49% are equipped with TV reception, while the other 51% don’t have access to TV yet.

The study conducted by SES, the world-leading satellite operator, is an annual market research that provides valuable market insights for industry players, as well as local producers to further understand the broadcasting landscape and demonstrate the important roles of satellite infrastructure.

The study also indicates that the age group 26 – 30 is the most group that watch Television at 21% followed by the age group between 21 – 25 at 19%.

The study has been conducted for over 20 years in Europe and this is the first of its kind for the case of Uganda.

According to Ricardo Topham, the research team leaders, this year’s survey was expanded with the addition of three African countries, Uganda, Tanzania and Ethiopia. For the survey in Uganda, 4000 interviews were conducted.